1. GA-English

Frying pan went up in flames: Girls prevent apartment fire in Auerberg

Frying pan went up in flames : Girls prevent apartment fire in Auerberg

In Auerberg, two girls prevented an apartment fire on Monday afternoon. When they saw the flames, they reacted smartly and fast. The firefighters only had to ventilate the apartment.

Auerberg. In Auerberg, two girls prevented an apartment fire on Monday afternoon. When they saw the flames, they reacted smartly and fast. The firefighters only had to ventilate the apartment.

On Monday afternoon, the fire brigade were called out on an operation in the Auerberger Allee, which ended without a hitch thanks to the prudence of two girls (ten and twelve years old). According to the fire department, a frying pan went up in flames while cooking in an apartment at 12:42 pm.

When the children could not control the fire, they turned off the stove, got to safety in the stairwell and dialled the emergency call from there. Since the fire had already died out by itself without the heat source when the fire brigade arrived, they only had to carry out ventilation measures with the help of a high-performance fan.

(Original text: Christine Bähr / Translation: Mareike Graepel)