Rhein-Sieg-Kreis The number of confirmed Corona cases in the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis is increasing only linearly. So far, 15 people have died of Covid-19 in the district. Bad Honnef reports Corona infections in another nursing home.
The number of confirmed corona cases in the Rhein-Sieg district is currently only increasing linearly. The district counted 866 infected persons on Wednesday - 37 more than on Tuesday. According to Rainer Meilicke, head of the district health department, the increase rates of the days before were similar. "This is an absolutely linear progression, which would normally lead to the extinction of the virus at some point," said Meilicke on Wednesday at the daily press conference of the district on the Corona pandemic.
He did, however, make some restrictions: Since currently only 1.5 per thousand of the population are or were infected with the corona virus, this process would take eight years. Therefore, he said, the only logical course of action was for the Federal Government to relax the contact ban, even if the contact ban was the safer way from an infectiological point of view.
According to District Administrator Sebastian Schuster, the federal cabinet will meet on the Wednesday after Easter. During a telephone conference with District President Gisela Walsken, the District Administrators and the Lord Mayor were given the prospect that there might then be a procedure for a possible step-by-step reduction of the ban on contact, Schuster said.
District building closed to the public
At present the district hall in Siegburg is closed to the public. According to Svenja Udelhoven, general representative of the district administrator, the district administration works in a two-shift operation. This way, the operation can be continued in case employees become infected on a larger scale. So far there have been two confirmed cases.
A total of 15 people have died of the lung disease Covid-19 in the Rhein-Sieg district so far. The number of people using the test centres in Siegburg, Hennef and Rheinbach is declining. "They are no longer as busy as they used to be," said Schuster. Therefore, the capacities are to be reduced over Easter.
On the left bank of the Rhine, the mobile test team is working over Easter
"However, in order to be able to test suspected cases at short notice from Good Friday to Easter Monday and to interrupt possible chains of infection, the Siegburg emergency practice is available on the right bank of the Rhine," said Meilicke. On the left bank of the Rhine, the test centre in Rheinbach will offer mobile testing.
Currently, there are cases of corona infections in five senior citizens' homes in the district; three names of homes in Bad Honnef, Sankt Augustin and Bornheim were previously known.
THE NUMBERS IN THE RHEIN-SIEG DISTRICT
Corona cases and deceased
In the Rhein-Sieg district 866 people tested positive for Sars-CoV-2. More than 3000 people are in domestic segregation (as of April 7, 5 pm). 319 people are healthy again. 15 people have died of Covid-19 The county figures for the deceased by commune: Bad Honnef (1), Bornheim (1), Eitorf (2), Lohmar (1), Meckenheim (1), Much (1), Sankt Augustin (6) and Swisttal (2).
The circle gives two figures for the communes: the total number of confirmed corona cases and the current number of cases in which recovered persons are no longer counted: Alfter (confirmed cases 52/currently 34), Bad Honnef (59/36), Bornheim (69/44), Eitorf (34/23), Hennef (60/33), Königswinter (43/25), Lohmar (49/28), Meckenheim (60/41), Much (20/6), Neunkirchen-Seelscheid (27/11), Niederkassel (31/16), Rheinbach (37/26), Ruppichteroth (10/5), Sankt Augustin (109/85), Siegburg (61/31), Swisttal (24/11), Troisdorf (89/62), Wachtberg (26/13), Windeck (6/2). (koe)
Original text: Hannah Schmitt
Translation: Mareike Graepel