Rhein-Sieg-Kreis In the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis 799 people have been infected with the Corona virus so far. Ten people have died from or with the disease. The measures to contain the pandemic are taking effect. All current figures in the overview.
It is mainly people from nursing homes, who have tested positive, who ensure that the infection rates of the novel coronavirus continue to rise in the Rhein-Sieg district. "It is a dramatic situation for us," said Health Office Director Rainer Meilicke on Monday at the daily press conference of the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis. By noon, he said, there had already been four more telephone announcements that home residents had died in hospital. Before these numbers also appear in the official statistics, which the district updates in the evening, the respective death certificate must have arrived in the administration by mail.
At the same time, more and more people have recovered or suspected cases are being released from quarantine. Rising numbers mean increasing tasks, which must also be coordinated between the district and its 19 municipalities. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) has meanwhile changed the rules of the game. While at the beginning of the corona pandemic two negative tests were still necessary to end the quarantine for people who tested positive, a control call from the health department or public order office is now sufficient.
No result after more than one week
This is what a Sankt Augustin man waited for in vain last week. He was considered to be the contact person after a colleague tested positive for Sars-CoV-2 and went directly into voluntary domestic seclusion. After a conversation with the district health office, he received an order from the public order office of the city of Sankt Augustin a few days later. In this order it was stated that he had to remain in quarantine until the beginning of April. A test for the coronavirus was also finally carried out. However, he still had not received a result after more than a week, the man told the GA. On site, however, he had already been told that he might not be notified if the test result was negative, the Sankt Augustin man said. "I am ok with the order. But one is left alone with the situation.
In the meantime, he had not been able to reach anybody at the authorities or they had not been able to help him. "I would have liked someone to contact me again." When the St. Augustine Crisis Committee learned of the man on Friday, they were able to clarify the situation quickly.
What remains are unpleasant memories of comments from neighbours and an experience after quarantine in a pharmacy where he was asked about his missing test result. His appeal: "Let's all take a moment to reflect on whether they are dealing with the situation properly." Those concerned should not be discriminated against.
Meanwhile, a release management system is being set up in the district. The mayor of Siegburg, Franz Huhn, has already developed a questionnaire for the city's public order service, on the basis of which public order decrees will be revoked. "We need even more people to be able to be released," Meilicke said. But apparently there were also people who released themselves. During the weekend, the employees of the health department were unable to reach some of the affected persons by telephone.
According to Meilicke, the regulation that, for example, old people's nurses who have had contact with Covid-19 sufferers can work with special permission, but remain in quarantine at home, also causes a lack of understanding among citizens. The RKI had already relaxed its recommendations on 23 March in view of the impending staff shortage. According to these recommendations, medical personnel may work in clinics, nursing homes or practices when there is an urgent need, as long as no symptoms occur.
With regard to the contact ban, District Administrator Sebastian Schuster drew a positive conclusion with regard to the weekend: "All in all, our appeals have been successful. In the Rhein-Sieg district there is enough space to enjoy nature without getting below the minimum distances.“
More information on the Corona virus can be found at rhein-sieg-kreis.de.
There are changes at the citizen hotline of the Rhine-Sieg region: It is available weekdays from 8 am to 6 pm and Sundays and on the Easter Days from 10 am to 4 pm at 02241/13 33 33.
(Original text: Bettina Köhl and Hannah Schmitt / Translation: Mareike Graepel)