Bonn At the weekend, a number of events will again take place in Bonn and the region - always according Corona conditions. Concerts, theatre and much more: Here are our event tips at a glance.
For months, events were only possible to a very limited extent due to the spread of the corona virus in the region. In the meantime, events such as performances and concerts are taking place again under strict conditions. However, in the event of increasing infections, it is always possible that events may be cancelled at short notice. Our weekend tips show what the weekend in Bonn and the region has to offer. These are still valid under reserve.
Friday, October 23rd
The Fantastic Journey of Dr. Dolittle in the cinema
The film "The Fantastic Journey of Dr. Dolittle" is especially exciting for families in the cinema. The story is about the reclusive Dr. Dolittle, who has hardly any contact with people. Instead he can talk to his, partly exotic, animals. The film is cast with prominent actors such as Robert Downey Jr., Selena Gomez or Emma Thompson.
- Where: WOKI, Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz 1-7, 53111 Bonn
- When: Friday, 23 October, 1pm
- Tickets: available for 4,50 Euro
7th International dance solo festival in Bonn
From 23 October to 1 November the 7th Dance Solo Festival will take place in Bonn. Every two years artists present their solo works in Bonn. They come from France, Tunisia, Lithuania, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Australia, Switzerland, South Africa and the USA. The various events take place in the Theater im Ballsaal, the Schauspielhaus Bonn and the Brotfabrik in Beuel. There the festival also begins on Friday with the German premiere of "Janet on the Roof" by the Compagnie Parc.
- Where: Brotfabrik Beuel, Kreuzstraße 16, 53225 Bonn-Beuel
- When: Friday, 23 October 8pm, further events on Saturday and Sunday
- Tickets: available from nine Euro
Beethoven's lost work in the GOP Varieté
The play "Beethoven's lost work" tells a circus story about the composer's works that were never discovered. The play is a mixture of acting, artistry and comedy. It was directed by Markus Pabst.
- Where: GOP Varieté-Theater Bonn, Karl-Carstens-Straße 1, 53113 Bonn
- When: Friday, 23 October 20 hrs, Sunday, 25 October 2pm and 5pm
- Tickets: available from 37,40 Euro
Saturday, October 24th
The Mönch mit der Klatsche in the Contra-Kreis theatre
On Thursday the crime comedy "Mönch mit der Klatsche" will premiere in the Contra-Kreis-Theater. The play was inspired by Edgar Wallace and thus ensures a recognition value among connoisseurs of the original. The play and all roles are performed by Michaela Schaffrath and Stefan Keim.
- Where: Contra-Kreis-Theater, Am Hof 3-5, 53113 Bonn
- When: Saturday, 24 October at 7.30pm, Sunday, 25 October at 6pm
- Tickets: available from 17,60 Euro
The Magic Flute in Cologne
The classic "The Magic Flute" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart has been performed at the opera house in the Staatenhaus in Cologne since the beginning of October. Christoph Gedschold is the musical director. The scenic arrangement is based on a concept by Michael Hampe.
- Where: Cologne Opera, Rheinparkweg 1, 50679 Cologne
- When: Saturday, 24 October at 7.30pm, further performances on Friday and Sunday
- Tickets: available from 12 Euro
Museum visit in Bonn
Temperatures around 16 degrees and many clouds in the sky. A visit to a museum is a good alternative. Bonn's museums range from the University of Bonn's Egyptian Museum to the Bundeskunsthalle and the Alexander Koenig Zoological Research Museum. Tickets must be booked online in advance. A selection:
Federal Art Gallery: Helmut-Kohl-Allee 4, 53113 Bonn
Museum Koenig: Adenauerallee 160, 53113 Bonn
House of History: Willy-Brandt-Allee 14, 53113 Bonn
Kunstmuseum Bonn: Helmut-Kohl-Allee 2, 53113 Bonn
Deutsches Museum Bonn: Ahrstraße 45, 53175 Bonn
Stadtmuseum Bonn: Franziskanerstraße 9, 53113 Bonn
Faust at the Bonn Opera
At the Bonn opera house, too, a classic will thrill the audience at the weekend. On Saturday the play "Faust" by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe will celebrate its premiere there. It will be directed by Jürgen R. Weber. The audience can look forward to a "scenic winter journey". Tickets are only available at the box office.
- Where: Bonn Opera, Am Boeselagerhof 1, 53111 Bonn
- When: Saturday, 24 October at 7.30pm, Sunday, 25 November at 6pm
- Tickets: available only at the box office
Sunday, 25 October
Ann and Debbie in the Kleines Theater
The Small Theatre Bonn presents the play "Ann and Debbie" by Lionel Goldstein at the weekend. "Ann and Debbie" tells the story of two friends whose friendship is based on Ann's husband. The theatre describes the play as "cynical and witty with elegant humour, which takes an intimate and amusing look at modern fidelity".
- Where: Kleines Theater Bad Godesberg, Koblenzer Straße 78, 53117 Bonn
- When: Sunday, 25 October at 15.30, Friday, 23 October at 7.30pm
- Tickets: available from 26,20 Euro
Asking Alexandria at the E-Werk
The British metalcore band Asking Alexandria will play a concert on Sunday at the E-Werk in Cologne. In 2007, the band broke up under their old name Amongst Us, but in 2008 they re-formed under the new name Abend and are now making a stop in Cologne.
- Where: E-Werk Cologne, Schanzenstraße 37, 51063 Cologne
- When: Sunday, 25 October from 7pm
- Tickets: available from 32,50 Euro
(Original text: ga, Translation: Mareike Graepel)