Bonn and region There’s plenty to do in and around Bonn this weekend, with a historical crafts fair in Bonn city centre, open gardens on Venusberg, magic shows, music concerts and the Dernau wine walking weekend all on offer.
Blow Up Reunion
Blow Up Reunion are rocking the Harmonie for the eighth time under the title “Celebrate, Rock, Singalong”. This time they are playing with their “original line-up” from their founding year, 1966. This band’s concerts are a tribute to the Sixties and its music with rock, pop and blues.
Venue: Harmonie Bonn, Frongasse 28-30, 53121 Bonn
When: Saturday, 27 April, 8pm
Tickets: 16.70 Euro at www.bonnticket.de
7Spring Festival in Melbgarten
The garden in Melbgarten on Venusberg is not normally open to the public. This changes during the Spring Festival on Sunday. There are guided tours through the garden as well as information stands on plants, gardens and art.
Where: Melbgarten am Nachtigallenweg 66, Bonn/Venusberg
When: Sunday, 28 April from 10am to 6pm; tours through the otherwise closed gardens at 11am and 3pm.
8Terrence N’Gassa in Bonn
Terrence N’Gassa will provide “A special night of Louis Armstrong” on Sunday at the Harmonie in Bonn. Born in Cameroon, he is one of the hottest trumpeters of the young jazz elite in Europe and is known as the “new Louis Armstrong” as his looks, singing and trumpet playing are reminiscent of the young Satchmo.
Where: Harmonie, Frongasse 28-30, 53121 Bonn
When: Sunday, 28 April, 7pm
Tickets: 25.50 Euro at www.bonnticket.de
Sampling of museums and exhibitions in Bonn and surrounds:
- Arp Museum Bahnhof Rolandseck Exhibitions: A current schedule can be found on the website (English): arpmuseum.org Hans-Arp-Allee 1, 53424 Remagen, (02228) 94250
- Bundeskunsthalle Exhibitions: A current listing and opening hours can be found on the website (English) Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 4., (0228) 91710
- Deutsches Museum Bonn: A current listing can be found on the website: deutsches-museum.de (English), Bad Godesberg, Ahrstr. 45, 10am - 6pm, (0228) 302255, For more information on children’s programmes: (0228) 302 256
- Kunstmuseum: A current listing can be found on the website (English).Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 2, 11am-6pm, (0228) 776260
- LVR Landesmuseum: A current listing can be found here: times on website (English). Colmanstr. 14-16, (0228) 2070351
Cinemas offering English-language movies:
Want to see a movie in English?
- Check out the GA “Kinofinder” (Film finder), just click on the OV Original Version films and you will find out when and where they are showing. http://www.ga.de/freizeit/kino/kinofinder/
- You can also check out the following theaters, which normally offer at least a couple of movies in English. Films labeled with OV (Orig. version) or Omu (Orig. version with German subtitles) are generally in English unless otherwise noted, i.e. (Russ) = Russian, (Frz) = French.
- Kinopolis, Moltkestr. 7-9, Bad Godesberg: kinopolis.de
- Woki cinema, Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz 1-7, Bonn: woki.de
- Brotfabrik, Kreuzstrasse 16, Bonn-Beuel: bonnerkinemathek.de
- Metropolis, Ebertplatz 19, Cologne: metropolis-koeln.de
- Odeon-Lichtspieltheater, Severinstraße 81, Cologne: odeon-koeln.de
Follow GA-English on Facebook: Click “like” on our page and you will receive our regular updates: facebook.com/gabonnenglish/
Original text: GA Bonn. Translation: kc